When we were in the heat of battle I was advised to google my school district and the words "due process" to get an idea of how the district handled spec Ed issues. In my case I found that there was literally no history - they had never forced a parent to fight them legally. In other words if parents don't blink the district WILL meet the child's needs rather than go to due process. It took some work but I was able to get them to meet DD's needs. Other districts will fight anything and everything parents request so that parents will choose to leave the district or send their child to private rather than fighting to get the district to provide FAPE. These districts will likely show up with several due process claims won by parents represented by attorneys. Most parents who fight without attorneys do not win so their outcomes probably won't provide much info.

Our neighboring huge district (where DD attended K in an inter district magnet) does not easily provide services and what they do provide really just meets the bare minimum requirements. DD's OOD has kids from all over the state but interestingly none from this large big-city district it borders. So maybe contact a local spec Ed school and ask them which districts they find the most and least cooperative.

Parens who fight for their kids spec Ed needs usually have some financial resources so I would look at higher socioeconomic districts. There are some districts that are known for their spec Ed services and families will relocate to them to get their kids what they need. Maybe check your state's dept of Ed website and see if they have a listing of per capita spent on spec Ed funding.

Contact an advocacy group for kids with similar diagnoses and ask them what districts their members have received the best services from. Or as PB suggests above a general spec Ed advocacy center may be able to help.

When I was at the end of my rope with my district I considered relocating. The person who initially handled our case for the district had resigned and took a job as director of special Ed in a neighboring highly ranked district. Since he was familiar with DD's situation we met with him to see what his new district could/would provide for DD if we relocated. He knew how complex and expensive DD's situation was so he did NOT want us moving to his district. You need to keep this in mind when you speak to people from potential districts. (And by the way I would approach this at the district level not the school level. In a complex, expensive case the director of special Ed is going to be making the decisions not an individual principal...) He told me that my district is well known for its spec Ed services, that families move to our district to access spec Ed services and that we should just stay put because we were just about to be awarded OOD placement. I have since met several families that have indeed relocated here for just this reason and others who have benefited from the fight I waged. So what I considered a district I had to battle others consider a cakewalk. It's all a matter of perspective...