We've had a mix of homework for our K-4 experiences so far, totally dependent on the teacher as to whether it was required and how closely s/he looked at it. Right now, DDs 2nd grade teacher sends home math game suggestions once in a while for family time play and to reinforce math fact fluency. No worksheets, no grading, optional for skill building. In 4th, there is 3-4 times a week a page from a the EDM booklet that takes DS less than 5 minutes to do and always has. He actually wishes the homework were harder. I just wish the classwork was harder (and we're getting there).

In upper grade levels, due to standards based grading, all graded work is supposed to be done in class, including writing, which would drive me CRAZY. I would hate to think my best work had to be done IN class, particularly essay writing. It might have to do with cheating, but they say it's about class time hours and standards. We're not there yet, so I haven't investigated more, or determined how it figures into the higher demanding AP classes that include homework.