Originally Posted by ultramarina
She usually wakes herself up--that's not the problem--but is very slow with getting dressed, eating breakfast, packing up her stuff, etc. Often I am yelling at her and reminding her of the time over and over. She is a naturally sloooooow mover in the morning. If she wanted to, she could be ready in 1/2 hour tops (all she has to do is get dressed, eat breakfast, which I usually still make, brush teeth and hair, and put computer, phone, and lunch in her bag), but more commonly it's 45 minutes.

I know this is common, but also DD has some exec function weaknesses and ADHD-ish traits, which is why I put this in this section. I also think she could possibly use some tools/apps designed for that population here. So--any help? She has an Android phone.

Yes yes! This is our DD10. Oh - my - gosh she is slooooowww. Drives us all batty. I think perhaps someone on this site told us about the "Home Routine" app. What a great invention! You can create the morning and evening schedule down to the tiniest detail. Whoever uses it taps on the item they finished, and it shows a star. I don't want to be the yell queen in the morning so I can just hand DD the phone, and have her look at it for every single last item she needs to do (put on socks! brush teeth! put clothes in the laundry room!). I don't have to hear "What am I supposed to do?" after I have said what to do 5 times already.
Good luck!!!