Originally Posted by Can2K
Unfortunately, I don't think the need for precision goes away. With DS7, when I am saying something I have to stop and think if I am using he exact correct names for things - otherwise my point will be derailed into a side discussion of whether I used the correct word or not.

The subject doesn't matter either - could be dinosaurs, astronomy, politics, ...

Heaven help me if I say "get in the car"....instead of "get in the van". Which is what we own. When my son was smaller I used to say "I speak a language called vague and you speak a language called specific....interpret what I mean...you never know if you jump all over me and won't get in the vehicle because I call it a car and not a van that you might be missing out on a trip to the park or getting ice cream or something fun." It only took a few random surprise trips when he was interpreting well for him to get the picture to just be agreeable. Then there is the whole meltdown when the ice cream truck came by and I said he could get an ice cream...but he wanted a popcicle and thought he couldn't get one. Interpret! I said you could get a treat from the truck...I have money...I told you to pick what you want...just because I called it an ice cream...interpret "cold sweet item from the truck of any kind" if it is unclear ask before you melt down...the answer is pick any kind of treat from the menu of the truck. So hard to have different speech and thinking styles than child.