I understand and agree with polar bears concern re length of the letter, and agree, try to keep it brief, easy to read. I also agree with their recommendation to include letters of recommendation/test results/samples for them to check out for themselves, and showing/proving is always better than just sayin'.

But .....maybe it is the lawyer in me, and I am aware that you are not drafting a legal document, but I would NOT rely on the recipients to find/read/interpret the documents/samples/test results in the way you want them to. INCLUDE every argument in your letter, even if briefly - if necessary with an explanatory sentence, and a reference to the document/sample attached. Some interpretation might be needed for instance:
"his test results (see attachment three) show that he is..."
"His graphomotor skills are at x level according to his preschool teacher (see also sample included)."

I would also just mention that he is physically advanced and tall for his age. Agree that there is no need for this to take up so much room. But MENTION it, because it is so much more compelling if it comes up in a debate "but what if he can't keep up in sports, on the playground" to be able to say "as we have mentioned in paragraph three, he is very tall and physically advanced....".

It is THEM who will come across as grasping at straws. Whereas you have thought it all through. No it's not a court of law where an argument might be precluded simply for being brought up too late. But it does strengthen your position having all bases covered.

Keep us updated about the process!

Last edited by Tigerle; 07/22/15 02:04 AM.