I should clarify-- this is for counseling/treatment, NOT for testing/evaluation with a neuropsych/evaluator (the latter seems faster).

With the situation that ashley references-- that is, with a referral. The bad news is that the referring professional just handed DD a list of providers and apparently told her to start cold-calling. (Yeah, really.)

We seem to have a situation much like that described by bluemagic.

I've tried this now on three different occasions, and in each of them, the waits for "urgent" patients (that is, those who have significant risk factors for a psych hold if they don't get help/resolution) seems to STILL be some 6-12 weeks out, if you can get someone to even tell you if they've got openings.

Calling in the first week in April, the answers were:

a) no openings until late June. Oh, no-- we won't see a person like that after all.

b) we'll call you back in May.

c) we'll call you back. Sometime.

d) how does July sound?

e) We don't have any openings.

f) leave a message.

g) An urgent appointment? Well, maybe we could get you on our cancellation list, with the understanding that you might still be waiting until June-- there are others on that list, too. What is your schedule like on Tues/Thurs between 10 and 4, anyway?

h) We don't see adolescent patients anymore.

i) We can put you down and if the doctor has any openings before the end of summer, he'll call you.

(These are for INTAKE appointments, mind.)

Last edited by HowlerKarma; 04/21/15 01:49 PM.

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.