Thank you, eah. Though my son was first identified as gifted 9 months ago, this is still all new and overwhelming to me. I think I was mostly looking for validation/information that it cannot be inferred by his scores that he is being challenged at school and you answered that.

I don't want to misuse any testing so we will just go ahead with the WIAT for the sake of DS DYS application but will not request anything above and beyond.

As far as assessment within their curriculum, as far as I know, they do none. BOY, MOY and EOY, the children are assessed in DIBELS and something similar for Math. When I had a progress meeting with the teacher she showed me the results which were very good but he is being assessed on the 1st grade requirements (count to 100 in a minute, count by 5's to 100,...) which he has mastered long ago, so not very helpful.

The Terra Nova and CogAt were just for placement in the HA program so they won't be repeated. Next would be standardized testing which begins in 3rd grade but that will be assessing if he's mastered the curriculum for the year. Not sure, other than taking the word of the teacher that he is doing well and being challenged, on what to do.