Yes, great scores. For Davidson - Like others before us, after DD9 participated in a Talent Search last year we decided to have her take the WISC. For us, this was simply easier than trying to create a portfolio, plus we had real questions after the Talent Search testing! I have 2 DYS and we have used scores for both to apply, so I'm afraid we aren't much help on the portfolio. Also, DD is not homeschooled, and I don't think much of what she is asked to do at school is "portfolio-worthy." My DD would have had to create items specifically for the portfolio, while you might have something available from your DD's homeschool work that is great.

In terms of Talent Search - When you say apply with the scores, are you just referring to qualifying for the classes offered in conjunction with a university talent program? If so, I think you simply apply the same way you would with any other scores, and there is no rush until you are ready to apply for the course. Perhaps this is not what you are asking, though.