Wow... I'm glad to hear that the school district backed you up. I can't believe they only allow 5 days to drop for ANY student. I'm very glad to hear he has gotten accepted to a university he is happy with.

My local H.S. school gives 7 weeks to drop a course. My older DD20 (not gifted but has a LD) tried to take Latin 3 her senior year. She didn't need it but she had been doing fine in Latin 1 & 2 because she could memorize well. Big mistake she was quickly failing and a conference with the teacher made it clear the class wasn't going to work. It was the same situation the F on her transcript would have really messed up her college applications. She dropped about 6 weeks in. Didn't hurt her applications to college that way. She is now a junior at university.)

P.S. Editing to add DS15 is going to be taking AP Calc next year, BC or AB still up in the air. Seeing how the rest of pre-calc goes and what the teacher recs. My DS15 also has low processing & WM, so while I was pushing for BC calc until recently I'm starting to think AB where it's more likely he will get an A might be the better route.

Last edited by bluemagic; 02/12/15 10:45 PM.