You are definitely not alone and this board is an amazing resource.

One of the biggest things I've had to learn is patience. Two years ago we got DS's results and I think in the back of my mind I thought we'd be able to solve everything right away once we knew what we were trying to solve. It has been two years and we're still not there. I come here and read about kids and parents further along the path and have come to realize that each new phase has its own challenges and rewards. I have learned and continue to learn so much from them and it is a huge relief to know that we're not the only ones going through this.

Even though we aren't there yet, we're a lot closer than we were two years ago. I've come to realize this is a marathon, not a sprint. There are days where all you can do is keep moving forward in baby steps. There are times when it seems like we're going backwards but even then we are learning what doesn't work so we're moving closer to figuring out what does. Then there are the days when your kid blows your mind with some insane insight, observation, accomplishment or discussion. Or the days when they just do what any 8 year old would do and it briefly makes the rest of the chaos fade away.