Okay, I just watched a few clips on YouTube while eating lunch. The negative comments others have written pretty much sum up my reaction to this show. Stuff like this makes me glad that I cancelled our cable subscription some years ago (I'll add that it was two or three weeks before someone even noticed).

The vulgarity of this show meshes with the comments I made on this thread right before watching the YouTube clips:

I think that there's a tendency to sensationalize cognitive talent and IQ in western society. There are lots of published stories about kids who have "Einstein IQs" or who write symphonies when they're 4 or who can master something without repetition or with very little repetition. Personally, I think that a lot of these stories are exaggerated, which pushes other people to exaggerate and gives the whole thing an unfortunately high level of inertia. TBH, sometimes I feel like some of the stuff I read here is exaggerated, and I wonder if it happens because people are responding to other exaggerations because they feel they need to keep up with them.

Last edited by Val; 02/04/15 01:06 PM. Reason: Clarity