The application is overwhelming. We took it on piece by piece, talking over one question a day every day at lunch. It was less stressful that way. We pulled out old family movies to get the answers to some questions where we hadn't originally noted the dates. (Example, DS was a stealth reader - we didn't know he was reading until he was past a 2nd grade level. When we looked at the old videos, we realized he was able to read 'Tad's birthday surprise' completely offhand like he had seen it before at 36 months, as though it were as simple as C-A-T. Boy did we feel stupid.)

I would just answer the questions honestly and take the time to think things over carefully - maybe a month or so - to make sure you don't forget anything important.

In my experience, these tests don't give high scores as flukes. More likely, they give low scores as flukes when a child decides they are bored and the test isn't worth dealing with. Chill...... No idea what happens if the WISC isn't up to par, but I would deal with that if it happens rather than wasting energy wondering now.

We applied last year around this same time and we put what had been done that year rather than what would happen the next as we had no plans for the next.

I seem to recall that they review the applications mid-month or something, so how long depends on when you sent the application etc in. Check the YS pages and see what it says.

Just my opinion, but we have been in for a year. The first few months, it was a little comforting to feel less alone. The next few months, we had started to use some of the resources a bit more and it seemed like a real convenience. More recently, we find ourselves wondering how we would ever have survived the past year without the program.

I guess what I am saying is: It is worth it.

Good luck!

Mary