Do you really *need* to meet with the teacher? You have private professional's report outlining the accommodations/etc your dd needs in the classroom. Make the written request for a 504 meeting, give the school a deadline to respond, have the meeting, get as much as you can put into the 504.

In the meantime, start communicating with the teacher via email if it's difficult to meet to talk in person or if she's not responding to request for meetings. As a first step, I'd probably just stop in at pick-up after school and talk to her, but if that is't going to work, go straight for email. Make your requests specific and in direct relation to something that is or isn't happening in the classroom - for example, will dd be allowed to type her creative writing assignments, or can ds be seated at the front of the room etc (whatever accommodations are relevant to your dd's situation and recommended by the psych she saw). When you make a request for something like these types of accommodations through email, state a simple example of what's going on with your dd in the classroom (or during homework sessions) that illustrates why she needs the accommodation. If you want to you can mention that it's been recommended by her psych (if it has). This isn't just a means of attempting to communicate with a teacher who isn't interested - each of these emails is going to be a record for you - a record that shows your dd needs accommodations - so even if the teacher does nothing, you've captured data that you can use when advocating.

Another thing you can do is to think through things your dd can do herself that aren't outright accommodations, and you can talk a lot to your dd to brainstorm what she thinks might work for her. I understand that your dd is frustrated over school and you're frustrated over it all, but it's still there and together you might be able to come up with some ideas that the psych hadn't thought of that actually are worth attempting.

Hang in there!

polarbear

eta - I replied before I'd read your follow-up post - it sounds like you are well on your way! Good luck with your meeting - let us know how it goes!

Last edited by polarbear; 10/22/14 12:28 PM.