Many of you might be aware that I stepped back from the program and OE groups to some degree over the last few years while I didn't have a student in the program. My youngest child is now moving up the ranks and will be my "guinea pig" with the new program, and I am stepping back into my role as a group leader. I am excited that they are making changes to multiple areas of the program, as well as putting a renewed focus on the gifted and talented. The first of the changes will come into effect tomorrow with the roll-out of the new website. I spoke with the new OE coordinator and my contact with EPGY today and had a few of my questions answered so I thought I'd pass them on to anyone interested in the program, or currently enrolled in my group.

The Beginning Algebra course will be expanded upon and moved to the tutor supported coursework.

There will be significant changes to the scope of the courseware this fall. "The need to keep the courseware competitive in the market and more rigorous to meet the needs of advanced students has been seen and is a focus." I see this as a positive move in the right direction.

There will be other changes to the system to increase the graphics and add more "gamification" to keep students interested.

The SSA program will be changed to a new advocate program, with better ways for advocates to communicate directly with parents. I hoping that the new changes will allow for better communication between EPGY and their Advocates, and for better communication between Advocates and parents.

​I will do my best to update this thread will new information as I receive it.

Last edited by melmichigan; 07/29/14 10:10 PM.

EPGY OE Volunteer Group Leader