Originally Posted by Ania
My vacation was FANTASTIC!!!
Although very pricey - with the weak dollar anything in Europe is very expensive. Gas was almost $9 a gallon - imagine that!!!

I know. We were in Europe in May and it's quite an expensive hobby with such a weak dollar. I don't even want to get into car rental prices.

Originally Posted by Ania
On the side note - Ghost, in spite of being the best in his ALG II class last year got the lower note from behaviour. Do you know why? Because he had missed the last two weeks of school for family vacation. None of us cares, but it was a bizzare thing..

What??? How can they mark him down because of a family vacation? The kid has no control when his family takes vacation and I really doubt he missed anything.

Back to Hey Math! I had DS5 try it today and I think we will go for the 15-day trial. He tried "Ratio Model Method" demo (listed as 6th grade material there as I noticed later on). Even though it was difficult for him he managed to get through it without melting down. The demo broke the problem nicely into small steps and kind of walked him through the problem. I think that was the reason why we didn't give up in the middle or right at the beginning.

The only thing that I am concerned about is that the program got stuck twice waiting for the connection with Hey Math! Questions, have you experienced the same problem?

Last edited by LMom; 07/08/08 07:13 PM. Reason: I lost part of my reply

LMom