Irena I totally feel your passion! I have been bookmarking TED talks and keeping a list of books I'd love to recommend to his teacher and the school. I have decided to send a separate email to the Principal regarding how behavior was managed (or not) in his classroom this year. The school promotes Responsive Classroom and I have seen none of that. I wonder if it's due to the immersion aspect? If so, they need to figure something out!

Loy58 I think my husband and I are still trying to get used to where our son is at intellectually. I asked the HP teacher at his school how many DYS kids they have had at their school and she said one eleven years ago. So yes, it's strange to think of your child as a rarity. Sometimes I forget and there are awkward moments, which I'm sure you can all relate to, where your kid does something and other parents look at you incredulously and ask, "How old is he?"

I'm still not sure what I'm going to do. I have a few more weeks until school ends and I am just going to let it simmer, or boil...

Thanks for the feedback!