Wow, I really do appreciate such thoughtful and comprehensive responses. I do have a question about how her Cogat scores would play into all if this. She did achieve a 131 on the nonverbal portion or the Cogat. Her quantitative score was lower at 120 (last year it was a 124). Her verbal was not even close at 112. So, does having a high nonverbal score on Cogat along with high working memory and processing on wisc show gifted abilities?

I certainly don't want to put her in a classroom setting that will stress her out, and our GT program is very rigorous starting in 3rd grade. My oldest child is pretty textbook GT (high verbal, quantitative, and nonverbal) and so it was easy to have her identified, and she thrives in the program. But I have always felt that my younger daughter was gifted as well, she's just different from her sister. An example would be that by the age of 2.5, she was able to put together 100 piece puzzles. Like her older sister, she started talking at 9 mos, but her vocabulary was not as robust. She's also very very quiet, and extremely sensitive.

As far as her classroom performance goes, she does well in all areas, and does demonstrate strong math performance (she currently has an overall grade of 99). She does struggle with reading comprehension so that is not surprising that the test revealed that. However, I was surprised at how bad that score was. It does make me question if she has a learning disability or just major asynchronous development on the verbal side.

Drawing from my own experience, I know that I did not initially qualify for GT the first time I was tested. But, I was retested a year or two later and met the requirements. Because her scores are so crazy I feel like something is "off" and some of her abilities will develop further. In the meantime, I am going to appeal on her behalf for math/science and we'll see what happens. If I have time I will post something I found on working memory being linked to strong math abilities. Thanks again to everyone for the responses!