Originally Posted by KTPie
I just love this group. Thank you all for the ideas. A lot of great food for thought here.

Sweetie-- I love the idea of a dinner book club. My husband works long hours and is not always home for dinner so, to this point, I've been reading aloud to the kids (6, 4, 2.5) during dinner but I can see this turning into a book club. Great idea.

Blackcat & Irena- Thank you for the sites. I will look into ...

Half the time they were so excited that I was finished with their (new) favorite book they couldn't wait to start firing questions at me!!! I would answer and then say that's how I interpreted it, what did you think? Letting them take the lead was the key. I didn't start out calling it book club but after the hundredth dinner time book discussion we were laughing about how we had our own book club.

When the first grade teacher gave me the line about my younger son being able to read but not comprehend I wanted to record one of our book club dinners and ask her what part of comprehending did he lack.

...reading is pleasure, not just something teachers make you do in school.~B. Cleary