Due to my disability that profoundly affected my language acquisition and went undetected until pre-K, I had the WISC-R done at least three times that I found buried in the school papers my mother sent me last year - at ages 8, 11, 15. My performance IQ did not not change much over that period (from 127 to 136 - consistently slow increase) but my verbal swung from 94 to 127 over that period (I tanked in vocabulary on earlier ones and the sole focus it felt like when I was a kid was to catch up for those years that I basically had very little lanuage exposure). I recall the last test giver - when I was in high school - because he told me that my vocabulary really reflected that gap - and the attempts to make up via books, since I knew lots of words the average teenager did not know but missed on words that the average teenager would know. High school was the last one I ever took since there was no need for any more (mandated) testing... in college, it was determined that I did not need any special services and at work, it does not appear to affect my job performance.

We had DS tested due to my history and DH's family history of LDs and HG/PG kids and DS's very high emotional sensitivity to understand what may be best school environments since we started realizing that his current single age classroom appears to be leaving him bored and out of sync with his classmates. His verbal shows as HG/PG but his performance was not as high but still noticably above average.