Hope you find a situation that works for you.

Take a look at the Wrightslaw website if you haven't. They have some excellent books as well. We have used various special education advocates as well as a lawyer in our search for services. It was extremely expensive and more importantly very very stressful. We ultimately got what we needed but we had to move to do it.

I realize my situation is not your situation and ymmv. But I would just say that you have to realize and be prepared for the fight ahead. The district will often spend 10x in legal fees what the services you want would have cost. Their concern is not you but people like me. People so desperate to get appropriate services that they will move in to any district that would provide them. So they fight very hard not to pay out money for any services, regardless of what the child needs. There are other reasons , too, but that is the main one.

Check out the Wrightslaw website and try to (quietly) network with other parents. What services are they getting and how did they get them? Always remember that unless you plan to move you will be dealing with these people for a long time. Try hard to stay cordial. It is amazingly difficult.

Good luck