Originally Posted by cee
My second email to orchestra teacher was exactly that... which I sent 5 days ago. So what now, write a third time to him and a second time to the chairperson, and cc the principal?

Hmmmm... I didn't realize that the MS/HS chairperson was the person at the orchestra (I thought you tried both the MS and HS contact, but that there was yet a third party running the actual orchestra). So, that complicates things. One other option I've found that works is to call the principal and ask him/her to follow up. Sometimes parents here email the superintendent, which I think is a bit of overkill, but let me tell you, the parents always end up getting a response! In our school, going in isn't necessarily an option. Parents can't just show up or walk in - they are stopped at the door and would be told to make an appt with the teacher (which is kind of hard when you can't get a response!). However, again, I've known parents who go into the front office and say they'll be happy to wait until the vice principal or principal is available for a minute. I had a friend who just brought a big book with her and settled in... time consuming but effective! smile The principal came out rather quickly and problem was addressed.
I'm sorry it's taking such an effort to get a response. It must be incredibly annoying.