can someone look at it and tell me if my 14 year old would be insulted, does it treat them respectfully like young adults with a worry problem, or is it cartoony trying hard to be funny where he would think it was beneath him...
The two books are nearly identical with subtle changes in addressing the parent or the teen as the audience. The book consists of a wide variety of real-life stories told as personal vignettes, and others told with two main characters or entities, one of which is "The Worry Monster" and the other being a sample person/patient/case (including one named "Patrick". Thought I'd mention that as today is St. Paddy's Day). The reader engages in examining the interactions in the stories, which are carefully analyzed by the author with helpful tips provided. With regard to illustrations, there are occasional simple half-page line drawings, plus there are doodles of TWM in the margins which IMO help keep the tone friendly and hold reader interest. You may wish to use the Amazon look inside feature to get a feel for the approach utilized by the book.