I didn't buy the Singapore Math textbook which is probably part of the problem with there seeming to be large gaps. I'm not sure how the textbook teaches them to do divison for example. In DS's 3A workbook in exercise 34 there are problems like 28/7. DS has this memorized, or if he didn't, he could skip count by 7's, so no problem. Then a couple pages later it is 803/7. I'm not sure if they are expecting kids to write this out the long way or do it in their head or what. I told DS to forget about writing it out the long way. 7 goes into 8 one time so write a 1 above the 8. There is 1 left over so write a little one in front of the zero. Now you have a 10. 7 goes into 10 1 time. Write a 1 above the 0. There's 3 left over. Write a 3 in front of the other 3 so you have a 33. 7 goes into 33 4 times, and you have 5 left over. That's your remainder. So then his first grade teacher put him on the computer to do above level testing and started sending home problems like convert 546 inches into feet. She attached graph paper for him to "show his work." I had to explain to her that I didn't teach him how to do long division the normal way, he wouldn't know what to write on graph paper. But I will try.