Here is my opinion, for what it is worth -

I don't know about 5th grade enVision, but 4th grade enVision is very confusing. I'll go out on limb here and say I bet 5th grade isn't any different, but more of the same.

DD9 is a 4th grader and we have been dealing with the Pearson enVision digital curriculum her school chose since August. DD has drawn more pictures and written out more explanations of math than I (and she) can stand. All it has done is totally confuse her with all their gimmicks and tricks to doing math. It jumps from one trick to the next so about the time you figure out what they want you to put in box A, then box B of the picture you move to some other trick to doing math and you can't remember which trick is which. You draw pictures for everything. At first DD9 drew little smiley faces and hearts, but that didn't last long. Soon is was close to impossible to get her to draw the pictures - she just wanted to do the math and be done with it and I don't blame her. The curriculum also asks the students to do a lot of written out explanations - explain why 9X2=18.

For a child that gets math without all the tricks and doesn't need endless repetition, enVision is seriously painful.