Decided to write this out here as this board is the only place where people get what I'm saying about DD! On the weekend we took DD4 to the Museum (the ROM). She had a great time. She's still very much into dinosaurs, fossils and geology.

We asked her if she was going to talk about going to the museum with her friends in school or teachers and she told us that she can't talk about things like that with the kids at school because it will make them "embarrassed." I guess embarrassed means they are not interested and won't have anything to add to the conversation? I don't know. This is not the first time she's mentioned the kids being "embarrassed" by her interests. DD seems to be getting along well socially at school and has friends. I think it's good that DD can recognize and adapt to the social situation she's in but it is sad that she has no one to talk to about her interests on a daily or weekly basis except for us. I don't like the idea of her having to hide her personality all the time to fit in.

I think I will definitely have to try and find a group of peers that have the same interests for her so she doesn't have to be "embarrassed" to talk about them.

Last edited by eyreapparent; 02/26/14 04:58 AM.