Originally Posted by HowlerKarma
Hint: UW has a program that we looked at-- HARD. [\quote]

Where did you find the info on early admission? I checked out UWs site and didn't see anything.

[quote=HowlerKarma]Another path to consider is admission to a conventional college setting a year or three early, but within the confines of a specialty program, like an honors college.[\quote]

Could you elaborate on this a bit? What's the difference between an honors college and a regular college? And if you wanted to share where your DD ended up going (in a PM if you prefer) I could pass that along to my daughter as an aspirational story. I will let her know in any case that someone who lives in this very area also got to college at 14.

[quote]...We hadn't quite anticipated JUST how bad the differential w.r.t. out-of-state-tuition would be-- it's a difference of +20K a year now.

I know. I've been confining my anxiety to just how fast she's growing up and not even really focusing on how much sooner the big bills are going to come!

Originally Posted by HowlerKarma

Oh you are very nearby aren't you! We did TAG camp there last summer (in addition to fun camp -- Namanu). It was a great program, but unfortunately not advanced enough (I tried to get her into the 6-8th grade session instead of the 3-5th, but they absolutely balked based on age -- sigh). The good news is that I buttonholed the director at and now she has a note in her file that she is allowed to take above level classes with them (with some restrictions). She's got a veterinary visit class next month that she's very excited about. If you have other recommendations for classes, that would be awesome. She hates to learn alone (we started out with ORVA and looked at Connections as well) so I'm always hunting for additional possibilities (we've been looking at the OMSI science classes for example).

Thanks again for all the great data.