Also LDS here and in South Africa. My 7 year old has learnt to just deal with the classes and then saves all his tricky conversations/questions up and books interviews with various other adult ward members who will sit and talk to him.

My 5 year old (November) has this exact same problem as yours. Last year it got so bad he asked to homeschool Primary. He was coming into my classes to find me up to 20 times each week. Eventually I sat with him and I could see the problem immediately. The Primary President suggested putting him into the next class up - but it didn't work as the kids there and the teacher made him feel even worse with snarky comments etc.

This year he has a lovely teacher (his regular class) and I sat in the first lesson and then chatted to her. I was just open and honest with her and she expressed excitement in having him in her class and asked for recommendations on how to help him feel more connected with the class and more included. I gave her some and am preparing some printed out stuff to take to her this coming Sunday.

I have already spoken to the Bishop and mentioned that I am happy to be called as a teacher to teach him (and I said that I would gladly teach any other kids currently unwilling to attend their classes).

I have the January issue with Dylan, who will be 3 on the 21st Jan. He is expected to remain in Nursery till next year, but he is starting to read and write now already. He is enjoying being the big kid for now, but I am not sure how long this will be a viable solution for.

I have to say that we have started taking the Primary lessons and building it into our homeschooling and Family Home Evening lessons for more in-depth discussions. It seems to work well for now and it means that if they just want to see Sunday as a big jolly social event then that is fine too.

I don't really have solutions to offer - just wanted to share our story and say that I hear you and understand.

Mom to 3 gorgeous boys: Aiden (8), Nathan (7) and Dylan (4)