Hi. I a mom to DD6.5 who is HG and DD 3 who I suspect is HG+.
About 6 weeks ago DD3 was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. She honestly has been amazing and has taken it all in stride. The rest of our family however is falling apart. DD6 is very sensitive. She was very moody and anxious around start of school this year and last year but mellows out after that. Discipline has always been hard or at least since she became more difficult a few years ago. Most of the time she behaves well but when she doesn't, it is very hard to find some way to handle it that doesn't make it worse. Since DD3 was diagnosed, DD6 is having major problems. At first she expressed alot of fear and mostly fear that something like this could happen to her. She went through a phase where she wanted to learn all about diabetes. Now she almost seems to enjoy pointing out that her sister needs to check her sugar or can't have a snack at that particular moment or can't have candy or whatever (though we rarely eat sweets regardless and DD3 can have sweets sometimes). But her behavior has become unbearable. She is constantly whining and crying over absolutely nothing. She immediately says "NO" to anything you ask her. If you scold her in any way she complains we hurt her feelings or that we don't love her.

Lately she has gotten so pathetic that she pretends that she is hurt. She generally has been told to go do something or to go to her room and she starts crying and then falls to the floor and starts crying "owie, owie, I'm hurt and you don't even care etc etc" She may barely bump a chair for example or sometimes nothing at all. She is already a bit clumsy and prone to bumping into things and playing it up for sympathy but this isn't even that since we see her and she is not bumping into things on accident. It is either imaginary or on purpose.

She picks fights with her sister and is starting to get more physical(pushing or sort of pinching )which is not at all like her. Yes she has gone through phrases with big nightmare tantrums before (esp during tension times like before school started in aug) but this is beyond ridiculous. We work hard to try to give her attention when she is being good and I don't feel like DD3 is getting alot of extra attention but of course there is some and sometimes she has to be attended to immediately. I am at a loss. We are all on edge and this making a very stressful time even harder. I'm not sure what anyone could possibly suggest for this but I am open to any ideas.