somewhereonearth, is this an optional or charter school, or is it your neighborhood school? I'm not sure that makes a difference, but I'm just curious smile

I was also thinking about focus of the meeting a bit more - if the school's purpose in holding the meeting is to tell you they don't want your ds homeschooled, I am not sure that info about how he's performing how he *is* in their school is relevant, so in the meeting, I'd be very specific when things are brought up in terms of asking for clarity what the purpose of each talking point is - for instance, if they produce worksheets that aren't 100% correct, acknowledge what they have shown you and then clarify - what is the reason this is being discussed? Is there a concern that ds needs more help with his classwork? Is there a concern with class placement etc. None of that has anything to do with the homeschool part of his day. If they attempt to tie it into an argument against your current partial homeschooling situation, politely direct them back on track - ask them to tackle one discussion at a time, finish up the worksheet issue and they you can move on to their concerns about homeschooling (where once again, be sure they aren't mixing up unrelated issues as proof it's not working). It's so easy for meetings like this to boomerang all over the place as people start talking - so it's really important to just keep yourself nudging them back OT, one thing at a time, and don't let them confusion unrelated issues.

Originally Posted by somewhereonearth
In our state, I am required to show NOTHING to the school about progress at home. In fact, I don't even have to answer their questions. The burden is 100% on the school to demonstrate that I am failing at homeschooling.

This is the same in our state too, but I think in this situation, if you are confronted with statements suggesting your partial homeschooling isn't working out satisfactorily in terms of anything *you* are doing, then it would be potentially helpful in advocating to show them proof of what your ds has learned and accomplished at home.

Best wishes for your meeting!

polarbear