Hi Kriston - I'm no authority by any means and my current goal is for DS to learn SOMETHING! We've been test driving homeschooling for about a week. But we are really doing a Unit Study on the civilization game! It involves marking up a world map with the actual locations that wonders exist, their real names, where world leaders were born, technologies were invented, etc. I also got a long, huge roll of paper to build a time line. I got a bunch of large sticky notes that we're assigning 1 per item we're researching, so if we need to juggle the timeline or research out of order we can fix the overall timeline at any point. This has already taken off to him diving into the Pyramids and finding out way more information than I would have thought (I was thinking 1 or 2 interesting facts, move onto the next thing). But whatever! It's a summer project (that we could probably spend the next 3 years on) and I'm flexible.

Anyway - I have a feeling that we'll be doing a lot of this kind of thing. It does cover history, geography, reading, writing, etc. (We are also doing Singapore Math/working on multiplication tables via Timex Attack.) I doubt we'll spend much more than an hour a day on anything during the summer (unless he takes off on it like the Pyramid research). If it's a go in the fall, we'll dive in longer and more structured probably. I'd love to hear anything you come up with!