Dear JB

Based on your observations, and the speed at which your son picks things up, very much HG+, after that terms are very hard to use. Each child is different with different streangths. I have seen articals of children with a lower test score then our DS, but they read sooner, and are more advanced academicly. It was hard for us at first,to see the differance. One glaring example came up at a play date party at home. Because of the move in September to a school that is far away, we are helping him have local friends. When the boys from his class came over, our DS5 wanted to play Life, so I set it up went over the rules, and then had to help the three other boys play. This I understood, somewhat difficult game, money to count, reading, etc.... The part that really suprised me was when they played Battle Ships, DS5 I showed once last year how to play, he quickly understood and we played the game. One of the boys in his class, could not understand the grid, I had to show him about 8 times. What I assumed was easy to learn was hard for his friends. Of course I helped out and kept it fun, but it is hard to know what the norm is. MY DW has helped this year in K, and that has helped us to see where he is at. In his K class, most now read some, some read above level. In math some can add, and one can do some subtraction. No carry over math, no multiplication, division, fractions, telling time or money. In California the standards may be different then where you are from. Based agin on what you pointed out about your DS5, there is no doubt in my mind (Like I know that much about this) that he is maybe even PG. Terms become somwhat useless at some point even in the PG range there is so much diversity.

Edwin