Originally Posted by blackcat
Yes, and the word "sociopath" has crossed my mind from time to time. She is very convincing. It also almost seems like she believes what she is saying, even if it is completely outrageous. Obviously, it's not acceptable but I've never really figured out how to deal with it.

Yes, that. Well, "sociopath" is more DS, and fortunately that gets better as he gets older, but the rest is completely DD. I can tell when she's hiding something to keep out of trouble, as she's terrible at that. But she tells these stories, and clearly believes them, and has to be thoroughly questioned in order to smoke it out. She told us all about how she got to ride the horse with one of the rodeo girls in the kiddie parade a while back, and since I wasn't at the parade, I believed it for quite a while. Something made me start asking more questions, and eventually I found out she was making it up. We have regular talks about the difference between truth and fiction, but she's so full of imagination, I'm not sure it gets through.