Hello all,

I'm in the process of applying for my 6yo DS now, and have a couple questions about the portfolio that I'm hoping some of the wise folks on this forum can answer. The subject line of this thread seemed appropriate, so I hope it's appropriate to just tag on here....

1) Do the 4 work samples need to cover most of the areas listed (math, writing, reading, science, social studies) in order for the application to be successful? or can it just be a couple of those areas?

2) Is the assumption that the work samples are very recent? For example, my son is 6 now, and while I have a few worksheets I suppose I could use, I also have a video of him at 2.5y making simple math equations (2+3=5) out of duplos...which seems maybe more illustrative? And also, I have a writing sample from last year in K.

He is (very) 2e, and it's hard for me to get him to "produce" samples that are really representative of his abilities - so right now I'm looking through what I have on hand and am wondering if those things will be enough.

I should add that his WIAT achievement scores (in 3 areas) are above DYS cutoff, but some literalness in the way he answered questions on the WPPSI (he was 5 then) appears to have pulled his WPPSI scores down (he was 5 then).

Thanks for any help with this! From what I've read seems like we could *really* use the support that DYS provides, if he can qualify....