I am another one who was consistently told that the reversals and handwriting problems were "age appropriate" He was consistently TWO YEARS delayed in handwriting and fine motor skills (which they didn't believe until I showed them two different private evals - one from a children's hospital). He wrote a 31 day calendar with every single number reversed. He wrote a paragraph of work starting from the bottom up and going backwards with reversals. It was shocking. They sat there with a straight face and insisted it was normal. My son has dyspraxia and dysgraphia. He also has EDS which causes poor joints and pain in his hands. Now he types everything and has a scribe. I don't even bother the school about dysgraphia/dyspraxia dx anymore, it's useless - I used the EDS to get him accommodations... they seem to be more comfortable with that for some reason. If you search my posts I have posted previously the accommodations for which I successfully advocated. This year the school is teaching DS cursive (seems like it will be much easier for DS - some dysgraphics find cursive easier) and typing.

Last edited by Irena; 10/03/13 03:47 PM.