Has anyone's kid 'plateaued', or did the acceleration of learning more or less continue as they grew?

While I wouldn't say that it's a SMOOTH curve, no, it's not plateaued, either.

It's been more like a step-function-- a very particular type of step-function, I mean. Like a current/charge measurement in stepped-voltage polarography-- the wave-form is one of rapid acclimatization to a new "load." Any time she's been placed under cognitive load, or allowed to "stretch" she seems to make a major "jump" in ability, which behaves asymptotically with respect to the new upper boundary.

Then the growth continues at a more rapid-than-normative-even-for-older-peers rate, until she hits the 'boundary' condition again.

Does that make sense?

I suspect that this means that DD hasn't ever experienced appropriate challenge long-term. It's always a moving target.

She outgrows it too fast.

Now, that is not the behavior of a student who is "unusually motivated" or "bright, but not fundamentally different from peers."

While we expected that up to about age 10, what has been a little more alarming is that her learning curve continues to be not-NT well into adolescence. It worries us some in terms of what it may mean for college.

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.