Originally Posted by Dbat
Thanks for posting, cc6!

It does make me wonder how they identified the kids as having ASD in the first place. But it is good to hear, especially because DD has been suggested to have ASD even though her issues are almost exclusively the social ones.

ETA: I feel the same way, Mk13--I think our DD will be fine, too, although sometimes I wish she would make progress more quickly.

we do have an official diagnosis and DS3 a lot of times seems non-functional at all but it's very environment based. He has this natural understanding of how things are supposed to be so without anyone teaching him or showing him, he just automatically picks up on the self-care things like getting something to eat, putting dirty dishes away, cleaning up, etc. (except for potty training because he freaks at the sight of the toilet / potty). Unlike DS5 who loves to shove garbage under his bed! lol His true enemy is social situations and expectations of others. As long as he's not pushed into anything, he does great. Given how smart he is, he might not be able to work interacting with people too much even when he grows up but he still should be fine finding a job that will suit him and have a pretty normal life. I just look at him and he gives me this calm vibe that all will be fine smile