Our son skipped twice. The first, skipping K and starting 1st @ age 4 was very difficult for me, primarily because I was not yet participating in this forum and so was very ignorant of the GT world.

His second skip, going from 4th to 5th after about a month, was much easier... but still left me filled with nagging doubts. This DITD group, however, was HUGELY responsible for maintaining my sanity.

He's now an 11yo freshman in high school and doing very nicely, including his Alg II class, which is comprised of primarily Sophs & Jrs (he's the only Freshman in Alg II).

I recently read through the threads where I was helped through that second skip and definitely know that I am very much at peace with his situation.

Although it won't work for you right now, down the road, when you are in the mood for an affirmation, spend an hour or two in a classroom filled with his age peers... and try to imagine putting him back at that level.

My son's age peers are in either 6th or 7th this year... couldn't conceive of him in either situation... he is definitely in a better place. Not perfect, but as close as we're gonna get.

Being offended is a natural consequence of leaving the house. - Fran Lebowitz