Originally Posted by Zen Scanner
A couple of parents here have kids with connective tissue issues which lead to dyspraxia, dysgraphia, and general coordination problems; one possible symptom of that is exceptional double-jointedness. For us, the pediatric nurse when DS had his physicla was ready to dismiss his vision issues as being uncooperative but luckily the pediatrician referred us to an opthamologist.

Yup this is us. My DS's hypermobility is relatively mild though... And originally DS's vision issues were dismissed as his simply being uncooperative by his pediatrician. Acutally DS became quite uncooperative evertime he couldn't see right. He felt stupid - he didn't understand why he couldn't do what was asked and what everyone else was doing. He wanted to "hide his stupidity" so he would end up saying whatever he was being asked to do was "stupid" and would become oppositional. Let me tell you how fast down a path of ODD and autism that was getting us. And I kept saying "I don't think he can see right... and I think he feels stupid." No one believed me. The Developmental optometrist not only believed me but proved me right.