I had offered my daughter a chance to go out for dancing commercials when we moved to Toronto and asked on the forum, if acting for kids was a good plan.

We have been here a month and the whole thing has taken over. First, you have to weed out the best agents, and then you have to meet with them. We just came from the top child agent, his kids work on Disney in LA besides just Canadian productions. He wants DD and I really like him but this is serious stuff. The one we saw on Tues told me that I should expect one audition a week average. This is principal roles, no extras. Though for these meetings she has had to prepare monologues and scenes and I am thinking the memorization is good brain work. They never memorize poems anymore in school.

On the other hand, this could be a really good reason to homeschool.

Digressing. Met this neighbor, who kids will be going with DD to the National ballet school. She is a physician, developmental peditrician. Argued against me about acclerating DD, even though she is already accelerated 2 years in reading and math (CTY). Then, of course, mentions that her kid is challenged academically. Isn't it sad that a developmental Peditrician can be so blind on the on side of the spectrum when she knows there has to be accomodation on the other side?