The first question that is ever asked about Homeschooling is the socialzation issue. Frankly, doen't sound like your school experience was all that useful for socialization - LOL! The only way to face this is to meet your local homeschoolers and talk to lots and lots of Parents. Sometimes they can be hard to find. I called our local newspaper, and randomly asked the person on the phone if they knew any homeschoolers who would talk to me - sure enough they did. Also check at the local library, YMCA, or Nature Centers. If you will allow me to exaggerate Homeschoolers tend to fall into two main catagories: 1 - people who do it for religious reasons and
2- people who want their gifted children to get a "good fit" education without having to take on the lable or the advocacy process. ((This is excellent thinking because many of us have found that the energy to face the schools is greater than the energy to homeschool - and so often our advocacy within the school doesn't result in acutal positive results.))

Best Wishes,
Trinity