Originally Posted by Jtooit
. Apparently, my ds is the first child they have every allowed to accelerate in Science.

Many schools argue the math will fall behind the science curriculum therefore no acceleration. smirk

My ds has a library size collection of science books, microscopes, telescopes, robotics, you name it things around the house. We let him go crazy at home. The school was not going to even entertain it.

See that is what drives me nuts - they are accelerated in math - the math moves fast - LA moves fast - everything moves fast but science. I think the science is not accelerated at all. In our case the argument was about his age, size, maturity etc, not his skills. And I can't argue, he's a first grader when it comes to sitting and taking notes.

And we have the same house of science items everywhere - books, videos, models, kits - DS was loving the Great Courses - he burned out on like 12 hours of courses, so now the rest of them we picked up on sale will wait until he gets that urge again! And we love science friday on NPR!

DeHe