Originally Posted by TheMamaLisa
He is so incredibly bored in his class that we try hard not to teach him too much as to make it worse but I feel his achievement scores will suffer from this.

We're in the same situation. I feel if I spend time teaching him division,fractions, etc... he would be even more bored when they're covering 2 digit addition in class. One idea I have for their DYS application is a video of us teaching him something he hasn't been exposed to yet and showing that he can absorb the material readily and apply it. Otherwise he can do multiplication currently, but I don't know if that is 2-3 levels above his current level (1st grade). He's very good at doing multistep problems in his head so I was thinking of doing that for him as well.

The other video submission we'll do is of the kids reading advanced non-fiction books e.g. on astronomy, human physiology, etc and discussing what they read. Along those lines I'm planning on submitting videos of the kids reading Spanish books and discussing those in Spanish as well.

Last edited by silverstar; 04/18/13 01:17 PM.