I can't figure out a simple quote- sad.

so via old timey copy/paste smile
"every behaviour communicates something" (autism training) has been really enlightening.

CCN- That is how I was told to approach any issues with DS, advice from adaptive skills lead therapist. He has more typical "i'm a 6 yo boy and this is how we sometimes act/behave" issues- I have to remind myself, yes, he may have autism, but he is also a 6yo boy- vs the mind boggling meltdowns... He's never been a tantrum thrower. Still, because of that excellent advice, I learned to observe what his "triggers" were, and to therefore step in as needed by providing a "cue"---

IDK if you read what I wrote above, but the kids I observed throwing tantrum were autistic kids yes, but choosing to behave this way and able to stop it. The "trigger" for them would be they didn't get what they wanted, so they continued till parent gave in. To me that is not the same thing as what you are describing CCN. (except maybe the behavior should clue the parent in to fact they need more effective parenting? That said, no one is perfect, and these parents I know, are trying. They don't like the Dx, and tend to "baby" the kids or spoil them, so this becomes more a learned behavior on kids part vs a real tantrum.) (at least in my opinion)

One can never consent to creep when
one feels an impulse to soar!
~Helen Keller