Originally Posted by ultramarina
Oh wow--that is a PERFECT example of something that would really stress DD out. And yes, she would ask why why why but why but why?, and some teachers would see it as oppositional/obnoxious.

You make me think about having an IEP for her (we do not have one; school behavior isn't much of an issue, but she does present as high-strung, and occasionally gets in trouble for "disrespect" that is really more like the above).

My son would get into trouble for it a lot! Especially when he was in full breakdown mode last year! Now of course he's better over all but he still has the "need to know" thing and it is still relatively intense... The only time we have trouble now is with substitutes and administrator-type people who are not familiar with the IEP. Also, the principal is very careful with teacher placement for him because of it - basically DS can't be put with some inflexible old-school type teacher who goes by "because I said so." If you need the specific wording for an IEP or 504 I can put it here for you...

Last edited by marytheres; 03/14/13 09:34 AM.