I wish I could do this. I would love to buy the equipment and operate it on a pt basis. May happen some day. I'm very happy that you can do it, Nik.

I know DS's 1st neurofeedback provider trained a number of parents to do neurofeedback on their children. I know the equipment was pricey, but that these parents ended up buying it because they were in remote areas and could then Skype with DS's neurofeedback provider. I bought the CES (cranial electrotherapy stimulator), which can help when you're driving through rush hour and it's very stressful. I didn't buy the Roshi machine either, but I heard that can work as a stress reliever too.

AAP is really behind the eightball with neurofeedback. Imo, they should be recommending neurofeedback 1st before medication or anything else. If they suspect ADHD or something else, you should get a brain wave activity map. In our case, I would have saved ourselves a lot of time, money, aggravation, and a misdiagnosis of ADHD.

It's very annoying and frustrating that neurofeedback could have given us a definitive answer on whether our DS had ADHD and what was going on, but no one had a clue what neurofeedback was or recommended it to us. That's why these discussion boards are so vital for 2e parents in particular.

Neurofeedback has really helped with DS too. He's calmer than he was. I'm thinking though that he might need another 10 sessions in the summer. DS is still a bit impulsive, inattentive, and distracted easily. He's still a bit scattered. I still cannot get him to get up, get dressed, brush teeth, do his 'work', etc.; bear in mind DS is 7 and had a brain injury rather than ADHD. I'm thinking that DS's plagiocephaly was severe (he wore two helmets as a baby, nearly three) and thus the brain wave activity (excessive delta brain waves) became rather intractable. Despite this fact, DS is pg and radically accelerating through curriculums, when I actually get him to sit down, pay attention, and do his 'work'.

I wish we could have done 20 sessions with the 2nd neurofeedback, but the rule is 10 weeks, probably due to insurance. After doing neurofeedback for 10 weeks, you take a six-month break before resuming another 10-week session. Since the insurance covers the neurofeedback at this practice, I'll play the game and follow the rules but no one said I had to like it.