I'm with Val about the perfectionism. Demanding perfection of a kid is not going to relieve perfectionism.

Trying new things and finding that the sky does not fall if you're bad at them helps ease perfectionism. Trying hard things that you have to struggle with before you--finally!--gain mastery helps ease perfectionism.

Also, I heard a talk by one of the guys from SENG ( http://www.sengifted.org/ ), and he suggested that you REQUIRE a perfectionist kid to TRY to get as bad a grade as possible on an assignment. Obviously you have to get the teacher on board, but having a kid TRY to fail can help him/her see just how hard it actually is to do. If you're trying to do the worst job possible and you get a B or C, you start to realize that it's not necessary to worry so much.

I thought that was rather brilliant, and I think it would have been really good for me when I was in school.

As for the price, that's just crazy! Find a high school or college student or try Aleks or Singapore Math. WAAAAAAAY cheaper, and the latter are self-taught to boot.

Kriston