There are some kid friendly music classes - any Suzuki instrument will be for kids and up. Choose from piano, violin, chello and more.

For art I agree that exploration is key! We have a set art corner with all sorts of materials, play doh, modelling clay, air drying clay, paints (oils, acrylics, water, craft, glass and fabric paints), crayons, colouring pencils and felt tipped pens, all sorts of pens (gel pens in different shades and types, ball pens, fine liners, permanents etc) charcoals, canvases, sketch books, tracing paper, rice paper, hand made papers, coloured board, glue sticks, craft glue, glue gun, pipe cleaners, pom poms, googly eyes, straws, stickers and and and and. I want to get each kid an easel next laugh they love to potter around there and when in a creative mood both older boys (6 and 4) will spend up to 2 hours there making things. I love watching their discoveries and explorations.

Perhaps later we will do something more formal. For now, we love this. we also visit art shows for local artists where possible and we create our own art for fathers day etc. They each got to choose paintings from a new local artist recently. They chose the same set and she re-created them for us to have identical sets in each room. There are many ways to help with creativity - but the best is to trust them to trust their inner creativity I guess.

You can also play games like Pictionary for use of developing skills.

Mom to 3 gorgeous boys: Aiden (8), Nathan (7) and Dylan (4)