I feel your pain...we are going through almost the exact same thing that you are with my 5 year old son. He took the SB about a month ago and scored literally just a handful of points from the required score for the gifted classes in our county - he was in the 98 and 99% on many areas but then scored really low in a few sections that go hand in hand with problems associated with his sensory disorder.So our assessor said that basically his really really high scores were knocked out by his lower scores...she said without his sensory disorder his scores would have been much higher. The sad thing is that when he has to do tasks that are a little more difficult to do because of his SPD, it is not that he can't do them it is that he just takes longer to do them because of fine motor problems and then being in a strange testing situation just adds to the mix.
This past week we tried again by doing the Weschler preschool and the tester said the exact same thing that his sensory disorder was masking his giftedness - she said that my son also did the same thing with asking if he was right and being very hesitant to continue until he got validation that his answers were correct - he is a 100% perfectionist - she said that also affected the scoring....so all of his teachers, his OT and Speech teacher and the family all know that he is extremely bright and several grade levels ahead of where he would normally be and we have no way of officially showing it on paper. So we came to the conclusion that we may never be able to "prove" it on paper as far as an IQ test but in doing lots of research and speaking with other psychologists, I have learned that the IQ test is not the end all of everything and that just because you don't score the determined point it doesn't mean your child isn't gifted - there are lots of other assessments that can show how bright a child is such as achievement tests and making portfolios of their work/activities. So hang in there and know that others feel your pain!!!