Originally Posted by lmauro
Thank you. I want to try to get him involved in something for gifted children outside the school since the school refuses to do anything for him but I don't think his test scores are high enough.
Here are his test results:
Scores Summary
VCI 124
PRI 133
WMI 135
PSI 115
FSIQ 134

I think sometimes in a forum like this it is easy to get a warped view on scores. So many posters here have kids with PG scores of 145+ that parents can start to think that is the norm for gifted, and lower than that is not high enough. Your son's scores are quite high. They are clearly high enough to be considered gifted by anyone. Your son is gifted and he should qualify without problem for any gifted program, save the few (like Davidson) that serve the profoundly gifted only. For example, Vanderbilt has a program for gifted children. It serves children whose iq places them in the 95th percentile and up. Your son more than qualifies for that. Mensa requires a score of 130- your son qualifies for that. Get the pull-out for him. Take the grade skip if you can. And don't hesitate to think that he will qualify for any gifted programs you find locally for him. Although his scores don't indicate PG, he is clearly gifted and will need and benifit from the resources you can find.