Does your dd dislike your new food items? My 10yo son sounds a lot like your dd and he would rather not eat at all than try, for instance, a pork chop with gravy on it. He doesn't seem to have a strong hunger switch.

My strategy is to make sure he has things at the table I know he'll eat. For instance, even though the pork chops were made with a sauce, I made one without that I knew he would eat. I didn't say anything about it, but that's the one he chose (of course). He has a limited food range and has always been bothered by mushy textures and soft food. He'll only eat 3-4 types of raw vegetables, "plain" meat-- usually grilled chicken, and bread. He loves milk, but no other dairy. But he eats every kind of junk food. He is, of course, skinny.

If I were you, I would make sure your meals have healthy items you know she'll eat and won't complain about, then leave her alone and let her choose what to eat.

We often make my picky eater have two bites of something he is suspicious of. He has never agreed to take more than that. I hope he'll grow out of it. And I think he will, because he'll agree to eat things at friends' houses that he won't eat at ours'. When he was a lot younger (6 & under), I would give him Instant Breakfast in his milk for an extra nutritional boost when he was going through particularly picky phases. But I would definitely try not to turn food into a battle.